We are monitoring the potential impact of the current situation for our customers to ensure we can assist and support any affected customers appropriately.
To minimise health risks, we are encouraging customers to do their daily banking via our online solutions and have online or phone meetings with us rather than meetings in the branches or offices.
Concrete examples of Danske Bank’s options for normally creditworthy Danish customers affected by COVID-19:
- Customers with consumer loans will be able to obtain overdrafts, payment in instalments, increases of facilities and extension of the term
- Mortgage finance customers will be able to get overdrafts, payment in instalments and the possibility of interest-only periods
- Businesses will be able to defer payments and obtain increases in overdraft facilities and facility limits
- The charging of negative interest will be suspended for the rest of the year for up to 90,000 small businesses with deposits of less than DKK 500,000. The same businesses will receive an offer for credit card payments to be charged only after three months
- Large businesses will be kept up-to-date about developments in the financial markets, and we will offer participation in webinars on specific issues as well as sparring and advice from Danske Bank's experts in the areas where this is most needed
- Customers with purchase contracts and private leasing agreements with Danske Bank's leasing company Nordania may be granted arranged overdraft facilities to make payments as they fall due. Businesses with lease agreements will be able to defer payments and obtain increases in overdraft facilities and facility limits
Read press release
We have also taken appropriate measures in the other Nordic markets depending on the local situation.