March 14, 2006
Stock Exchange Announcement No 4/2006
At the annual general meeting of Danske Bank on Tuesday, March 14, 2006, the shareholders
- adopted the Annual Report for 2005 and a dividend of DKr10 per share of DKr10 and discharged the Board of Directors and the Executive Board from their obligations
- re-elected Alf Duch-Pedersen, Chief Executive of Danisco A/S; Henning Christophersen, Partner at KREAB, Brussels; Sten Scheibye, Chief Executive of Coloplast A/S; Claus Vastrup, Professor of Economics at University of Aarhus; and Birgit Aagaard-Svendsen, Executive Vice President and CFO of J. Lauritzen A/S, as members of the Board of Directors
- reappointed the external auditors, Grant Thornton, Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab and KPMG C. Jespersen, Statsautoriseret Revisionsinteressentskab
- renewed the authorisation enabling Danske Bank to acquire its own shares
Furthermore, the annual general meeting approved the following proposals made by the Board of Directors to amend the articles of association to
- reduce the maximum number of members of the Board of Directors elected by the general meeting to ten and the election period to two years (Article 15)
- delete the alternative style “Boligkredit Danmark A/S (Danske Bank A/S) (Article 1)
- prolong the authorisation of the Board of Directors to increase the share capital, etc. of the Bank by up to DKr2,700,302,530 until March 1, 2011 (Article 6)
- revoke the provision for an annual resolution for discharge of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board from their obligations (Article 13)
- authorise the Board of Directors to change the convening of the general meeting from convening by announcement in the Statstidende (the Danish Official Gazette) (Article 9) to convening through the electronic information system of the Danish Commerce and Companies Agency or any other medium in accordance with the bill to this effect
Immediately following the annual general meeting, the Board of Directors met to elect its chairman and two vice chairmen.
Alf Duch-Pedersen, Chief Executive of Danisco A/S, continues as chairman, and Jørgen Nue Møller, General Manager, and Eivind Kolding, Chief Financial Officer of A.P. Møller-Mærsk, continue as vice chairmen.