MobilePay has already become the chosen mobile payment solution for almost all of the Danish banks. And in Finland, MobilePay has a standing invitation to all Finnish banks to join the partnership.
The Nordic ambition of MobilePay is to be the most innovative, efficient and user-friendly mobile payment platform for users and companies.
"With the agreement with Gjensidige, we take another major step towards building a mobile payment solution across the Norwegian banks for the benefit of customers and users."
- Knut Anders Wangen, head of MobilePay in Norway
"Mobile payments are about to become as natural a payment solution as credit cards. We are very excited to be able to offer our customers a first-class solution," says Hans Haren, CEO of Gjensidige Bank.
Facts about MobilePay
- MobilePay was established in Denmark in 2013 and has 3.5 million users and close to 40,000 shops, web shops and apps that offer payment with MobilePay in the Nordic countries.
- MobilePay was launched in Denmark in 2013, Finland in 2014 and Norway in 2015
- MobilePay has been downloaded 350,000 times in Norway since 2015
- MobilePay can be used in over 1,200 shops and in a growing number of web shops in Norway.