Highlights and the full report
- Employees holding positions of leadership or working in technical roles have on average the highest levels of basic pay.
- Salary levels for leaders range from DKK 1.5 million per annum in large startups to around DKK 400,000 per annum in very small startups.
- 67% of employees own a stake in the company that they work for, and employees who own shares in the company they work for work on average eight hours more per week.
- 33% of the women surveyed are founders of the company they work for. For men, this figure stands at 54%.
- Employees in Norwegian startups work most (49 hours per week), and employees in Finnish startups work least (42 hours per week).
- The basic pay for men is higher than that for women – also when experience, seniority, role and job tenure into account are taken into account.
In total, 689 respondents from Norway, Sweden, Finland and Norway contributed to the survey in the period running from August to December 2018. Of the respondents in the survey, 74% are men, 37% are CEOs, and 54% have 0 to 5 years’ experience.