Company Announcement No 8/2011
At the annual general meeting of Danske Bank on Tuesday, 29 March 2011, the shareholders
- approved Annual Report 2010 and the allocation of net profit
- resolved that the General Meeting would not state whether Danske Bank will make use of the winding-up scheme referred to in Danish Act No. 721 of 25 June 2010
- re-elected Eivind Kolding, Ole Gjessø Andersen, Michael Fairey, Peter Højland, Mats Jansson, Majken Schultz and Claus Vastrup to the Board of Directors and elected Niels Bjørn Christiansen to the Board of Directors
- re-appointed Grant Thornton, Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab, and KPMG Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab as external auditors
- adopted the proposals of the Board of Directors to amend the Articles of Association
- renewed the authority granted to Danske Bank to acquire its own shares for a five-year period
- adopted the proposal made by the Board of Directors for general guidelines on incentive remuneration in 2011
The General Meeting adopted the three proposals made by the Board of Directors to amend the Articles of Association:
- The introduction of a deadline for voting by postal ballot or by proxy
- The introduction of an age limit for members of the Board of Directors
- The possibility of delegating the authority to make decisions to Board committees
The General Meeting did not adopt a proposal to amend the Articles of Association submitted by a shareholder.
Immediately following the annual general meeting, the Board of Directors met to elect its chairman and vice chairman.
Eivind Kolding was elected chairman and Ole Gjessø Andersen was elected vice chairman. Ole Gjessø Andersen was also elected chairman of the Audit Committee. The composition of the committees will be published at www.danskebank.com under Corporate Governance as soon as possible.
Board of Directors Secretariat
Lisbeth Bak and Lars-Johan Sandvik
Anders Klinkby, Head of Press Relations, tel. +45 45 14 57 95 / +45 25 10 19 19