- approved Annual Report 2016 and the proposal for allocation of profits
- re-elected Ole Andersen, Lars-Erik Brenøe, Urban Bäckström, Jørn P. Jensen, Rolv Erik Ryssdal, Carol Sergeant and Hilde Tonne to the Board of Directors and elected Martin Tivéus to the Board of Directors
- re-appointed Deloitte Statsautoriseret Revisionspartnerselskab as external auditors
- adopted the Board of Directors’ proposals to reduce Danske Bank’s share capital according to article 4.1 and extend the Board of Directors’ existing authority according to articles 6.5 and 6.6
- adopted the Board of Directors’ proposal to renew and extend the Board of Directors’ existing authority to acquire own shares
- adopted the Board of Directors’ remuneration in 2017
- adopted the Remuneration policy.
The general meeting did not adopt the following proposals made by a number of shareholders:
- Danske Bank does not abolish domestic cheques for its Danish personal and business customers
- Danske Bank should release gender-specific remuneration statistics for its employees
- Danske Bank sets a ceiling for employee share options at DKK 50,000, and no employees in manage¬ment or with decision-making capacity regarding a sale or exchange listing may have employee share options
- Danske Bank must invest 5% of its net profit in green technology
- The general meeting recognises the UN’s climate targets of a maximum of a 2 degree rise in global temperature and requires, secondarily recommends, that Danske Bank’s Board of Directors report on how Danske Bank will live up to the 2 degree target in its lending policy and its customer portfolio of investments as well as its investment advisory services before next year’s annual general meeting.
At the board meeting held immediately after the annual general meeting, Ole Andersen was elected chairman and Urban Bäckström vice chairman of the Board of Directors.
The composition of the Board’s committees will be announced at danskebank.com under Corporate Governance as soon as possible.
Board of Directors Secretariat
Nethe Rosa Hjørland