In total, more than 100 volunteers were nominated for Volunteer of the Year at Danske Bank, with finalists being voted for by our Societal Impact team across the bank.
Time to Give - what you need to know
- Part of our societal impact strategy.
- All employees have the opportunity to spend one workday per year carrying out voluntary work.
- Employees decide themselves which projects they choose to support – the work undertaken must, however, not be political, religious or discriminatory in nature.
- Time to Give has been inspired by programmes and activities that already exist within Danske Bank.
About the UN International Volunteer Day
- 5 December has been designated as UN International Volunteer Day.
- Today marks the 35th time that the day has been celebrated around the world.
- The aims of the day are to promote volunteerism, to encourage governments to support volunteer work, and to recognise the contribution volunteers make to achieving sustainability goals at local, national and international levels.