Press release: Net profit of DKr9,785m for the first nine months of 2006
Danske Bank has today announced its financial results for the first nine months of 2006. The nine-month report can be viewed at www.danskebank.com/reports.
Highlights are shown below:
- Better than expected net profit of DKr9,785m, against DKr8,951m for the first nine months of 2005
- Net profit per share up 10% despite expenses for the integration of Northern Bank and National Irish Bank
- Income up by 7% to DKr27,435m
- Stable cost/income ratio of around 52%
- Net positive entry for credit loss expenses of DKr554m, against a net positive entry of DKr288m during the same period last year
- Growth in bank lending of 23%
- The Group is raising its profit guidance for full-year 2006 on the basis of the results for the first nine months of the year. Consequently, the pre-tax profit for 2006 is expected to match the record level in 2005, which included considerable one-off income.
- Peter Straarup, Chairman of the Executive Board,
tel. +45 33 44 01 07
- Tonny Thierry Andersen, Chief Financial Officer,
tel. +45 33 44 11 47
- Martin Gottlob, Head of Investor Relations,
tel. +45 33 44 27 92