When we set deposit rates, we do so on the basis of a number of factors, including central bank rates and competitive and business considerations.
- The variable interest rate on deposits denominated in Danish kroner will change from minus 0.20% to 0% p.a.
- The variable interest rate on the Danske Indlån savings account type will change to 0.40% p.a. for deposits between DKK 0 and DKK 100,000, to 0.60% p.a. for deposits between DKK 100,000 and DKK 500,000, and to 0.80% p.a. for deposits exceeding DKK 500,000 for customers who have their NemKonto account with Danske Bank
- The variable interest rate for Børneopsparing and Danske Gave gift accounts will change to 0.80% p.a.
Business customers with deposits subject to standard rates:
- The standard interest rate for deposits denominated in Danish kroner will change from minus 0.60% to currently 0% p.a.
- The standard interest rate on deposits denominated in euros will change from minus 0.25% to currently 0% p.a.
“It is good news that we can now get rid of negative interest rates. With the changes we are making, we ensure that the overall value proposition for our customers is strong and competitive while maintaining a robust business,” says Niels Bang-Hansen, head of Danske Bank’s business customer activities in Denmark.