Stock Exchange Announcement No 6/2005
At the annual general meeting of Danske Bank on Tuesday, March 15, 2005, the shareholders approved the following:
- The Annual Report for 2004, a dividend of DKr 7.85 per share of DKr 10 and the discharge of the Board of Directors and the Executive Board from their obligations.
- The re-election of Eivind Kolding, Chief Financial Officer of A.P. Møller-Mærsk A/S, and Niels Chr. Nielsen, Professor of Economics, Copenhagen Business School, to the Board of Directors.
- The reappointment of the external auditors, Grant Thornton, Statsautoriseret Revisionsaktieselskab, and KPMG C. Jespersen, Statsautoriseret Revisionsinteressentskab.
- The renewal of the authorisation enabling Danske Bank to acquire its own shares.
Furthermore, the annual general meeting approved the following proposals of the Board of Directors:
- The reduction of the share capital by a nominal amount of DKr 339,614,760.
Immediately after the annual general meeting, the Board of Directors met to elect its chairman and two vice chairmen.
Alf Duch-Pedersen, Chief Executive of Danisco A/S, continues as chairman, and Jørgen Nue Møller, General Manager, and Eivind Kolding, Chief Financial Officer of A.P. Møller-Mærsk A/S, as vice chairmen.