We’re really committed to supporting Money Week. It’s a great initiative because it boosts young peoples’ knowledge of money and their personal finances. Meeting the pupils is also a really positive experience. They’re eager to ask questions and are very interested in money matters – and I get the feeling that the fact we come from the real world outside their school adds something extra. The pupils are so keen to listen, and there’s a great vibe.Jesper Nielsen
Interim CEO, Danske Bank
Pupils from Kolding Realskole on Money Week
Video is in Danish:
More on Danske Bank's Societal Impact strategy
Read more about societal impact
Read more about financial confidence and security initiatives
Money Week - what you need to know
- Facilitated yearly by Finance Denmark and the Danish Association of Teachers of Mathematics.
- In 2019, Money Week is being held from 11-15 March (week 11).
- The aim of Money Week is to promote financial understanding among seventh- to ninth-grade pupils in Denmark.
- During Money Week, guest teachers from various Danish banks visit schools across Denmark.
- All guest teaching is conducted in line with official guidelines, without company logos.
- The first Money Week in Denmark was held in March 2014.