- Higher-than-expected net profit of DKr3,822m, up 22% on the profit of DKr3,131m for the first quarter of 2006
- Net profit up 10% from DKr3,472m
- Income up 8% to DKr10,983m. The increase is attributable to solid growth in all banking activities.
- Cost/income ratio unchanged at 53.4%
- Net positive entry for credit loss expenses of DKr178m, against a net positive entry of DKr128m in the first quarter of 2006. The positive result reflected, among other things, reversals of impairment charges previously made.
- Growth in lending of 14%. Units outside Denmark accounted for 67% of total growth in lending by banking activities.
- Sampo Bank integration on schedule
- The Group maintains its outlook for 2007 earnings.
- Profit before credit loss expenses for the year is still expected to roughly match restated pro forma figures for 2006.
- Peter Straarup, Chairman of the Executive Board,
tel. +45 45 14 60 01
- Tonny Thierry Andersen, Senior Executive Vice President,
tel. +45 45 14 07 07
- Martin Gottlob, head of Investor Relations,
tel. +45 45 14 07 92